Sunday, August 21, 2011

The animals weren't the only attraction...

Went to the zoo on August 18, 2011.  Maybe I haven't been to the zoo in a while, or maybe I'm just mean, but I have never seen such strange people in one place before.  Besides the Wal-Mart in Tamaqua of course.  I just cannot get over the fact that the people were more interesting than the sleeping zoo animals.

In true baby form, Lexi slept the entire time we were there.  It was about a zillion 92 degrees outside, so I can't say that I blame her.  I mean she isn't even 2 months old, even if she had been awake would she have even noticed anything?  Poor thing was sweating in her stroller.  Greg and I love the zoo so we enjoyed it for her. 

We did a marathon zoo trip, the whole zoo in less than 2 hours.  Now that I have a baby, therefore have a stroller, I will say the zoo is not equipped/designed to handle strollers.  Interesting.  You would think a place geared toward children would be fully accessible and accommodating to strollers.  We couldn't go in many of the "houses" to see the birds, cats, and small animals.  Well we could, but after the one family made a public scene about how adorable our stroller is, we weren't leaving it unattended.  These places were the places with air conditioning of course.  So instead we braved the hills (seriously why does the zoo have so many hills?) and sweat our way through the good ole Philadelphia Zoo.

Once all is said and done, $25 for two hot dogs and two drinks and $22 for a onsie Lexi will hopefully fit into in the next 2 years, is nothing because my baby went on her first zoo trip and she rocked it.  Would you expect anything else from her?







No comments:

Post a Comment